Our policy usually allows up to 60 days unoccupancy before certain restrictions apply. However, we will waive these restrictions if your holiday property unoccupancy is unavoidable as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. For example:
- You are unable to go to your holiday property to stay overnight or check on it due to the current travel restrictions.
- The person/letting agent that normally checks on your holiday property is unable to do so due to the current lockdown.
- You do not have any holiday bookings at a time of year when you normally would and as a result, the holiday property is unoccupied for longer periods of time.
If your holiday property is to remain unoccupied, here are some tips to help protect your property if they’re practical to do:
Ask a friend or neighbour to keep an eye on your property and;
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked (and keys removed) and set your alarm
- Switch off and unplug electrical items
- Turn off the gas at the mains, unless it’s needed for an automatically controlled heating system
- Turn off the water at the mains and drain the system unless an automatically controlled heating system requiring the water supply is left in operation.