Static Caravan Insuranceincluding Holiday Lodges & Chalets
Leisuredays’ static caravan insurance policy comes with the reassurance of extensive cover backed by a leading UK insurer, RSA (Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc), meaning you can relax and enjoy your static caravan, holiday lodge or chalet.
The benefits of our Static Caravan Insurance policy
- Extensive cover for your static caravan, lodge or chalet
Peace of mind with cover for accidental damage, fire, theft, storm and flood
- New for old option
Confidence we will replace your holiday caravan, lodge or chalet and contents with new
- £10,000 for emergency repairs, debris removal and resiting
We’ll remove your damaged unit, site and connect a new one or make urgent repairs
- 24 hour claims helpline
On hand 365 days a year to help you get back on your feet as quickly as possible
- Cover for fixtures and fittings
Protecting those valuable extras such as your decking, fencing, shed and steps
- £100,000 legal expenses option
To pursue civil or personal injury claims and consumer or employment disputes
- £5 million public liability cover
Trust us to pay the costs if you’re held responsible for accidents, injuries or damage
- £500 locks and keys cover
We’ll pay for replacement locks and keys if they are lost or damaged
- £75 excess
You may be able to flex your excess to adjust your premium
- Emergency accommodation costs
Up to £75 a day for 15 days to ensure you can continue your holiday
- £1,000 emergency services damage
We'll put things right if the police, fire or ambulance service cause damage
- £2,500 ground rent cover
We'll reimburse ground rent for any time your holiday caravan is uninhabitable
- £25,000 fatal accident benefit
Comfort provided by a lump sum payment
- Hiring out and loss of earnings options (£250 excess)
Cover when hiring out and protection of rental income if your holiday caravan can't be used
- Special occasion contents cover increase
An extra £2,500 protection for religious festivals, birthdays or weddings
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Reflecting the confidence we have in our plain English policy
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity - Heart Research UK
This website provides a brief summary of cover on our holiday caravan insurance policy and the cover options available. Your schedule will confirm cover features applying to your policy. Benefits and discounts are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. Minimum premiums apply. For more information, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our static caravan insurance documents section.
Call the Leisuredays team today on:
0800 14 88 414
Free from landlines
Mobile users may find it cheaper to call
01422 396 770
We are open 7 days a week:
& most Bank Holidays
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
For your security our quote engine uses the most powerful SSL encryption commercially available today
Guide to static caravan insurance
Why do I need specialist static caravan insurance?
Compared to a 'bricks and mortar' house, static caravans are much more susceptible to damage by storm or flood. They are also more likely to be left unattended for long periods of time and as such can be even more at risk from a break-in attempt.
Static caravans are also extremely vulnerable to winter weather damage such as frozen and burst pipes resulting in escape of water claims.
To minimise this risk of frozen and burst pipes, when the caravan is not in use you should ensure you follow the winter weather precautions in your policy. For example, turn the water off at the mains and ensure all equipment is fully drained down (excluding sealed central heating systems containing antifreeze).
If you're not sure how to drain down, ask your park about professional drain down services which they may offer.
Of course even the most careful owners can sometimes come unstuck, and it's in these instances when the need for specialist static caravan insurance is never more apparent. Should the worst happen, you'll be covered for claims including storm, flood, weather damage, break-ins, fire and accidental damage.
Things to look out for when choosing a static caravan insurance policy
- Make sure that you are covered for everything you need, including the costs following write off of your static caravan such as removal of debris from your old caravan, the resiting of the new caravan and its reconnection to water mains etc. The cost of this work can reach as much as £10,000. Sometimes other static caravan insurance policies offer debris removal and resiting cover as a paid for optional extra but it is included automatically on our policy.
- Check the Public Liability cover that your holiday park requires and be aware that different insurers will offer different limits. We have a £5 million public liability cover limit which is likely to be more than enough to meet the requirements of your holiday park.
- Many insurance policies have a static caravan age limit of around 10 years or less when offering "New for Old" cover, so check the age of your unit if this is something you are looking for. We offer up to 15 years "New for Old" cover meaning that if your static caravan is damaged beyond economic repair then we will replace it with a brand new unit of the same or equivalent model. Remember also that when choosing "New for Old" cover you pay an insurance premium based on the cost of a new caravan, and as such this type of cover will usually cost more than market value cover. (Note that the "New for Old" limit may differ on 'whole park' insurance arrangements which we administer - please check your policy documentation or call us if you need to check this).
Not what you are after?
If you actually need park home insurance for a residential park home offering 24hr emergency assistance & alternative accommodation plus many more great features and benefits then please click the link.
Prefer to talk?
Call us free 7 days a week on
0800 14 88 414
01422 396 770 (mobile friendly)
8am - 8pm Weekdays
9am - 4pm Weekends
& most Bank Holidays