Outdoor furniture is the perfect accessory for caravanning and making the most of your outdoor space, whether it be on your holiday caravan decking, verandah, patio or pitch.
The Coronavirus pandemic has seen sales of outdoor furniture surge as we spend more time at home or on a UK staycation.
There’s lots to choose from when it comes to furniture for dining and relaxing outside at your static caravan – from table and chair sets, to folding chairs, sun loungers, sofas and more. Plus there are a wide range of materials, such as metal, wood, rattan and plastic.
After the results of our outdoor furniture poll we bring you some outdoor furniture buying tips and five star players!
Outdoor furniture buying tips
- Check out what kind of outdoor furniture your caravanning neighbours might have on their decking and ask where they bought it from or if they have any recommendations.
- If you want to try out outdoor chairs and sofas for size and comfort, a garden centre, camping retailer or DIY store are great places to start. Your holiday park owner might also have the contact details of an outdoor furniture supplier.
- Consider what you want to use your outdoor furniture for and if you plan on leaving it outside for long periods of time. Plus, if your holiday park is near the coast you’ll want outdoor furniture that can withstand saltwater. It’s best to make sure any metal furniture is galvanised.
- Think about investing in a cover for your outdoor furniture to protect it from the elements when it’s not in use.
- Look for folding/collapsible outdoor furniture that can be easily stored away when you’re not staying at your caravan – but also consider where and if you have room to store your outdoor furniture.
- Remember the old adage, you get what you pay for. Buying too cheap might mean it won’t last or needs ongoing maintenance. Remember your outdoor furniture is going to be exposed to the sun, rain and even and frost.
- Make sure you include the cost of outdoor furniture in the contents sums insured on your static caravan insurance policy so it’s covered in the event of any damage or theft whilst holidaying in your static caravan or lodge.
- Also, make sure you store away, tie down or take inside, any outdoor seating when not staying in your holiday caravan, to prevent any damage from the weather or theft – particularly when you close up for winter. Or consider how you can secure it to the decking or patio area when your caravan or lodge isn’t occupied.
Star player 1
Province Table and chairs set
If you want al fresco dining when on your caravan holidays then you’ll need a table and chairs set.
The Province 8 piece dining set includes six stackable chairs, a spacious table with a glass top and a parasol. The table is 140cm x 85 cm x72 cm.
Key features: Wipe clean chairs, stacking chairs
Expect to pay: £329.99
Find out more: www.very.co.uk
Star player #2
Tectake Rattan outdoor furniture set
This stylish rattan outdoor furniture set is great for relaxing outside your static caravan or holiday lodge.
The set includes two chairs, a two seater sofa, two stools or footrests and a small glass-topped table. The stools can be slid under the chairs when not in use and cushions can be stored inside the lift-up seat of the sofa.
The set also includes a protective cover and is available in a choice of four colours.
Key features: UV-resistant polyrattan, steel frame, water-repellant cushions, easy to clean.
Expect to pay: £440.99
Find out more: www.tectake.co.uk
We have one of these fabulous outdoor furniture sets to give away to one lucky reader. Click here for your chance to win
Star player #3
Outwell Marana folding chairs
Check out the big camping brands if you’re looking for some folding chairs to sit outside on your caravan decking. There are lots of choices, from small deck chairs to full-on recliners.
Relax and dine with the Marana chair from Dutch camping brand Outwell. It’s a great, comfortable chair with an integrated and detachable pillow, ergonomic armrest and seven seating positions.
Plus this padded chair comes with an optional footrest for those lazy days in the sun!
Key features: High back style, lightweight, 150kg load weight and three year warranty
Expect to pay: £91
Find out more: www.outwell.com
Star player #4
This foldable, sturdy sunbed from camping brand Isabella has an aluminium frame and handy sun shade canopy. It’s two metres long and 59 cm wide, with an adjustable back for four lying/seating positions.
Extra accessories from Isabella include a towel and a clip-on pocket to keep your mobile phone, book, reading or sun glasses handy. Folds into a compact size for easy storage when not in use.
Key features: 12okg load weight, lightweight, easy to carry.
Expect to pay: £99
Find out more: www.isabella.net
Star player #5
Enjoy a coffee and cake al fresco with a two-seater bistro set. We love this foldable and chic wrought iron set by Charles Bentley.
Perfect for decking of any size, the light grey set includes two folding chairs and round table, which can be stowed away when not in use. Table is 75cm high x 60 cm wide.
Key features: Weather-proof, 1 year guarantee.
Expect to pay: £199
Find out more: www.dunelm.com
Over to you…
Got any outdoor furniture buying tips for a static caravan or holiday lodge owner or want to share the type of furniture you use? Feel free to share your comments below.