Thornham is a new range of budget priced caravan holiday-homes from Yorkshire based company, Normandy Holiday Homes. There are two models in the range, a three bedroom and two bedroom and it was the latter that we viewed.
The single door on the side aspect leads into a small hallway with the living area to the left, main bedroom to the right and twin bedroom straight ahead.
The simple kitchen has space for an under worktop fridge. The birch colour cupboard fronts make it look spacious and blended well with the black worktop; we really liked the funky opaque glazed top cupboard. The floor vinyl is plank effect, oak coloured.
The living area sports two huge L shaped sofas, just right for holidays. The round table has two upholstered free-standing stools creating sitting space certainly for four people, six at a push. The gas fire has a contemporary black surround and we liked the cupboards and shelves to the left of and above the fire. The model we saw had an optional bay window fitted.
The colour scheme of brown, beige and sienna brown add a warm touch.
The master bedroom is simple too, with a warm colour scheme, shelves each side of the double bed, a long shelf over the bed and a fitted wardrobe.
The en-suite toilet room was a surprising find in this price range. The vinyl floor is practical; the suite is white with a semi-sunk basin and a cupboard.
The second bedroom has small shelves over each bed and a neat wardrobe.
The shower room is accessed off the kitchen and has a large one-piece shower with a sliding door.
We liked this model. It has some features you just wouldn’t expect to find in a static caravan within this price range. Simplicity in terms of design is key here. Living and dining area seating arrangements are practical. Overall we think the Normandy Thornham represents great value for money.
- Single unit caravan holiday-home
- 35ft x 12ft (10667mm x 3660mm)
- Built to EN 1647 (leisure use standard) therefore is not intended for extended winter use or residential use
- Two bedrooms
- Sandstone coloured aluminium clad caravan holiday-home built on a non-galvanised chassis
- Double glazed UPVC windows and doors
- Pitched pantile roof
- Vaulted ceiling throughout
- Extra thick wall insulation
- Under floor insulation
- Roof insulation
- Stainless steel oven and grill with electric ignition
- Wrap around spacious fully sprung lounge seating
- Extractor fan to kitchen
- Lagged pipes
- Extractor fan to shower room